It is really difficult for me to pin point and distinguish the healthiest recipe I have, and use, as there are just so many to choose from! I cook daily and I like to mix it up in the kitchen, so I have gone with my fav right now, winter tabbouleh salad with flaked salmon.
This recipe is quick, easy to make and its nutritional value is outstanding. It is sure to be a winner with all those health conscious readers who love to eat fish and salads, whatever the time of year!
|Calories 500 kCal|
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2tsp olive oil
- 400g salmon fillets
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp ras el hanout
- 150g bulgur wheat
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2tbsp white vinegar
- 2tsp sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 15g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, stalks removed and chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- Heat oven to 200C/Gas 6. Toss the cauliflower in olive oil, season, and roast on a baking tray for 25 mins.
- Rub the salmon in the olive oil and spice mix then place on a baking tray and roast in the same oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cover the bulgur in stock and leave to soak for 20 mins. Cover the sliced onion with the vinegar, salt and sugar and leave to lightly pickle.
- Once the bulgur has absorbed all the liquid, add the rest of the salad ingredients and the cooked cauliflower, season to taste, and leave to infuse for 10 mins. Top with the salmon fillets to serve.
I sincerely hope you enjoy this recipe. I would love to hear your thoughts on this winter salad, along with hearing what your healthiest recipe is right now.