Most people will experience anxiety sometime in their life due to modern day living. Today I discuss what it is, presenting symptoms of anxiety and how Purple Freesia Integrated Therapies can help you on your road to recovery.
What is Anxiety?
When you find yourself worrying and are constantly feeling uneasy, you are probably suffering from anxiety. If you feel nervous about the outcome of an uncertain situation, then chances are you are not feeling your normal ‘balanced’ self.
How can I tell I have anxiety?
There are many symptoms such as excessive worrying, which can interrupt the working memory and make it difficult for the person concerned to concentrate. Agitation is another sign, which sends your nervous system into overdrive. This in turn, increases the heart rate and creates a heightened arousal. Both of which lead to perfuse sweating. If you are someone who is always feeling restless then your body will be releasing a lot of adrenaline and cortisol, at the same time, in response to the ‘stress’ of life. This is completely normal, and a typical response that of any life event (moving house, divorce). However, when these symptoms are larger than the event that triggered it then it can debilitating on your life.
Is there more than one type of anxiety?
Yes, because if the symptoms above go unchecked, it may lead to either an anxiety disorder and/or social anxiety disorder.
What are the pitfalls to having anxiety?
If you suffer anxiety then you may either have trouble falling or staying asleep. This can be a type of insomnia that can affect concentration and productivity at work. Anxiety can, at its worst, take away the balanced functional life that you have worked so hard to create and reduce you to a bumbling wreck, scared of even your own shadow.
How can I, as an integrated therapist, help you to alleviate the anxiety you may be suffering?
Anxiety can be debilitating but it can be managed with the right help, and I am here to help.
- During sessions together, I am able to identify any presenting anxiety symptoms, and to suggest how we deal with them; using a concise ‘bespoke’ action plan of self-healing.
- I can use muscle relaxation therapy to help reduce worry within a person with anxiety.
- I may choose to use a combination of my therapies to treat sleep issues/anxiety that may be presenting itself. In turn this will improve the sufferers sleep quality, and their overall mental health and wellbeing will be gradually restored.
- I also discuss dietary needs, to see how I can help nutritionally. Making the necessary changes to your diet, can in effect, help to alleviate certain symptoms of anxiety.
- Changing any lifestyle habits, that may be a contributing factor to symptoms of anxiety, will be looked at too. Decreasing caffeine and alcohol consumption, alongside implementing an exercise regime, is scientifically proven to reduce the symptoms of an anxiety sufferer.
- Discussing ‘mindfulness’ – how it works, and how to implement it into your daily life will also help to combat anxiety and reduce it to more manageable levels (if not eradicating it completely).
If any of what you have read resonated with you and you are willing to seek help to overcome your anxiety, then please do not hesitate to contact me for further information and help. I honestly speak from my own personal experience of suffering anxiety, so badly in the past, that it was debilitating and robbed me of a balanced functional life for well over a year. Don’t allow yourself to ‘suffer in silence’, take a step of faith forwards to improve your current situation and make contact.