In such a fast-paced life we are constantly looking for short-cuts and quick fixes when it comes to our bodies. The latest accessory to enter this market is the massage gun. Here are my thoughts…
What is a muscle massage gun?
The muscle massage gun entered the market in 2016 and have skyrocketed at the end of 2019, as being the most popular sports accessory to have. They remind me of a power drill and work by beating your muscles into submission.
What are the benefits of a sports muscle massager?
- You can use it pre-workout to warm up the muscles and post-workout to decrease tightness and soreness.
- It is a great alternative to the foam roller because they act as a myofascial release tool.
- Can be used regularly to decrease stress and pain.
- It will decrease tissue tension.
- It can help to enhance recovery as it great at stimulating blood circulation.
They certainly do provide you with solutions to sore muscles however I’m not sure they will give you the same results compared to visiting a sports massage therapist. When I meet with new clients we talk through symptoms and perform a biomechanical examination.
I personally feel it will be down to personal preference whether you opt for one or not. But if you decide on one, the top few on the market are the Hypervolt device, the Kraftgun, the Theragun G3 Pro and the Tim Tam power massager.