At times it can be difficult to make time for yourself and nature. It is not always easy to take time out of your working day for some well needed soul reviving fresh air. But, perhaps you can bring the outdoors to you?
Here are 5 ways you can mix the outdoors with your indoor environment…
- Download some relaxing meditation music with sounds of the ocean or trees blowing in the breeze and birds singing. Play it on a daily basis to give you some mental clarity, ‘balance’ and the illusion of being outdoors during your working day.
- Consider incorporating plants into your interior design, to bring the outdoors into your working environment There are so many benefits of keeping indoor plants. Maybe not your first idea as an indoor plant, but bamboo is easy to look after, and according to Feng Shui it symbolises prosperity and good fortune.
- Hang up images of idyllic scenes or of vibrant sunsets to add some soft ambience / mood to your indoor environment.
- Large crystals and pebbles are great for use as paperweights or doorsteps and will instantly add some ‘nature’ to your daily life indoors. I have placed pebbles into dishes and put them around my room to literally bring the outdoors inside.
- Open up big windows, to create the illusion of space. If you only have small ones, opening them up will still allow a breeze to circulate inside giving that outdoor atmosphere.